News

"Vote" for the posts you like the best by clicking on the title. Share on social media. Enjoy yourself!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Flowery


A gentle fawn passed around the cup
Delicate of waist and slim of flank,
“Will you be on your way, come morn?” he chirped.
“How can we bear to leave?” came the reply.
He glided among us and made us drunk,
And we slept, but as the cock was about to crow
I made for him, my garments trailing, my ram ready for butting.
When I plunged my spear into him
He awoke as a wounded man awakes from his wounds.
“You were an easy kill,” said I, “so let’s have no reproaches.”
“You win, so take what you will, but give me fair reward.”
So after I had placed my saddle bag upon him he burst into song,
“Are you not the most generous rider ever, of all Allah’s creatures?”



Abu Nuwas
(756-814)

2 comments:

rugbysex said...

Ooooooeeeeee! i just LOVE when u talk poetry. Yowza!
Cheers!

Rex said...

Yes, and kind of amazing gay poetry from a Moslem of the 8th century, no?

How do you access us?

How do you Swing?