News

Your best source for sports and sports talk, jocks and studs, male models and fitness inspiration!

Looking for coverage of a new model or football or cricket commentary? Check out the keywords at the end of the blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Oh Captain, my Captain America


O Captain! My Captain America!
(More broetry by Brian McGackin)
O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The Allied boys have reached Berlin, we've beaten back the Huns;
Now Hitler's out, that Sour Kraut, he shot himself or something,
And pretty soon we'll drop the bomb, those Japs could use a thumping:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O my friend, how can it be?
So near the end my Captain's died,
Fallen in the sea.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and shake it off;
Rise up--and thaw your costume some--you've been gone long enough;
They found you in a block of ice--some poor old frozen stranger;
But now they'll have you lead their club, they'll call you an Avenger;

Here Captain! dear partner!
Oh wait, shit, never mind;
There's been some kind of Civil War,
You're dead again I find.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
They shot him on the courthouse steps, he has no pulse nor will;
At least this is a nobler death than drowning all alone;
The grave can wait, he'll lie in state, surrounded by his own;
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
My Captain's heaven-sent,
He shall finally find his--fuck!
I think he's back again . . .